Sections of Writing Guide
PhD Dissertation Topic: The Ingredients and Methods Involved
The PhD dissertation is an important component in the academic progress of a graduate student towards the completion of the coveted degree of Doctor of Philosophy. Quite often such dissertations are published. These aspects of a PhD dissertation lay stress on the PhD dissertation topic being excellent.
The PhD dissertation topic is crucial to the attractiveness and utility of a PhD dissertation. Just like the proper ingredients make an excellent dish, a PhD dissertation topic requires proper ingredients to be relished. Appropriate methods ensure the proper ingredients in a PhD dissertation topic
Ingredients and methods involved in a good PhD dissertation topic
- A PhD dissertation topic must be unique and fresh for the PhD dissertation to be original and attractive.
- This topic must cover a particular relevant and current issue for it to be useful to the audience.
- This topic must ask an important question the answer to which addresses real problems faced currently.
- This topic must be worded in a catchy manner to cause interest in the reader.This topic should be based on theoretical underpinnings for it to have validity and reliability.There are several methods to arriving at a good PhD dissertation topic.
- Read widely on the subject, and make notes of possible cues for a good PhD dissertation topic.
- Discuss your subject of interest among friends, family, and colleagues. Make a note of the concerns expressed by them with relation to your subject.
- After attending classes on the subject make notes of unanswered questions in the subject.
- Study all the notes made and then arrive at a good dissertation topic.
These are the ingredients and methods to a good PhD dissertation topic.